Sunday 19 February 2012

Axl Rose x Givenchy



Stop me if I sound a little high or something - I'd intended on being asleep by now, but that's not quite worked out; I've been sat up watching various 1980/1990s rock tour footage instead...

It's common as muck to be a fashion designer referencing vintage 'rock' icons - punk is long dead and tired, and if you havn't pulled something Bowie/Ziggy Stardust yet, then you're probably not cut for the industry. But what a nice thing to realise that Givenchy's Ricardo Tisci went that extra yard and looked into someone cool for his inspiration - W. Axl Rose during tour-time cannot be a mere coincidence.

Well, because whether he'll admit it or not, the evidence is here: tartan, oversized graphic t-shirts, long hair and kilts. I rest my case before I've even bothered to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment