Wednesday 15 February 2012

When You're A Boy...Shame (2011)



So, after a long search of trying to find who would go to the cinema with me, I finally got around to seeing Shame.
This is one of those films that you hear a lot of people banging on about how good it is, that you hold your breath a little and expect to be disappointed, that maybe they were wrong. I suppose it's always a matter of opinion, really, but Shame really is something good.
It was weird to see such a thing as sex addiction pushed to a 15 rated film, but what I'm sure ten years ago would've been a straight 18 rated - there's a threesome, drug use, profanity, masturbation and fill frontal nudity - but then again, it's just real life.
There were a few twists and turns that left me feeling genuinely sorry for the guy, too. But for the majority of the film, I spent my time working out how to move to New York and get my own Carey Mulligan, because she's bloody hot in this.

The soundtrack was immediately obtained upon my return home, as it's one of the most beautiful scores I've heard in a while, mixed with some great American classics, my personal favourite being Chet Baker.

Anyway, go and see it - I'd risk saying that you won't be disappointed; impatient, sure, but not disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment